The past year has been a difficult one for many people. Jobs and lives have been disrupted. The stress and anxiety have taken a toll, and many are battling feelings of frustration and even a sense of despair. But as more people get the vaccine, a sense of normalcy is beginning to take hold.
Now is a time to remember the good things we still have, to maintain a sense of gratitude, and to recapture our energy and motivation, to push forward and begin again. To help regain that fire in the belly at work and at home, here are some motivational quotes.
1. The strongest principle of growth lies in the human choice.
2. Take care of the minutes, for the hours will take care of themselves.
3. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
4. If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.
5. Active valour may often be the present of nature; but such patient diligence can be the fruit only of habit and discipline.
6. Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance.
7. We must travel in the direction of our fear.
8. It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that they are difficult.
9. Little minds are tamed and subdued by misfortune; but great minds rise above them.
10. In reading the lives of great men, I found that the first victory they won was over themselves… self-discipline with all of them came first.
Harry S. Truman
11. Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labor does the body.
12. Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
13. You miss 100% of the shots you never take.
14. Never mistake motion for action.
15. Life is like playing a violin in public and learning the instrument as one goes on.
16. Fortune sides with he who dares.
17. You can’t build a reputation on what you are going to do.
18. A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
19. Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs.
21. Always do what you are afraid to do.
Ralph Waldo Emerson
22. I have learned throughout my life as a composer chiefly through my mistakes and pursuits of false assumptions, not by my exposure to founts of wisdom and knowledge.